I Think, Therefore I Am Grateful

I have to take a moment to be thankful for the journey thusfar. In the past 2 months of 'venturing on my own', I've actually found myself in incredible company. Amongst them, the Digital Natives With A Cause, who have been something of a digital globe spinning in slow motion, showing me the vast possibilities --- the ability for like-heARTed people to collaborate on a mission to change societies one byte a time.

I've been invited to the Digital Natives With A Cause Thinkathon in The Hague, from the 6th – 8th of December 2010. The Thinkathon is their first multi-stakeholder meeting where they are inviting a dialogue between the Digital Natives from different regions and researchers, corporate, policy makers and practitioners to envision the next steps of their project. The ambition is to create bridges between these knowledge zones which remain in silos and often result in closed knowledges that inform some dangerous policies and laws, discourse and representations of youth, technology and social change.

At the Thinkathon I am presenting a paper with the topic: What is the role of a Digital Native in processes of social transformation? I'm looking at the role of storytelling/ story as a way of transforming society.

I will also be spending an additional two weeks in Netherlands with Frerieke van Bree, the incredible founder of Students for Humanity who is now based in The Hague. We'll be looking at a strategic way forward for the fertile project, amongst other exciting things. Ths feels like just the beginning. Oh the places we can go (as Dr Seuss said)!

Wonderful things to look forward to. Ziyakhanya iindlela. Camagwini maChwama amahle! (Give thanks to the ancestors).

Comments

Popular Posts