To all the Wild Women I've met...


'A healthy [wild] woman is much like a wolf: Robust, chock-full, strong life force, life-giving, territorially aware, inventive, loyal, roving. Yet separation from the wildish nature causes a woman's personality to become meager, thin, ghostly and spectral....

Often the creative life is slowed or stopped because something in the psyche has a very low opinion of us, and we are down there at its feet groveling at its feet - instead of bopping it over the head and running free. In many cases, what is required to aright the situation is that we take ourselves, our ideas, our art, far more seriously than we have done before....

She is the moment just before inspiration bursts upon us..."

This is an extract from the book Women Who Run With the Wolves: Contacting the Power of Wild Woman (Clarissa Pinkola Estes) that inspired this blog - that and Natalie Cole's song that inspired the name (Wild Women Do). So what's my story and why is the fascination with Wild Women?

Backtrack:

When I met him (we'll refer to him as dark man), I was incredibly enlightened, most intuitive and out on the hunt - with clear visions of where I was going, what I wanted. He fell in love with that - who wouldn't. But then we started nestling, cachooning, smothering. Something (wild woman) in me started growing restless. As if reading (and responding to) my psyche, the universe provided me with the key to free myself and learn to hunt out in the jungle. (I got the opportunity to work in another city - and took it).

dark man started haunting me while I was out hunting. I fed, nurtured dark man's insecurities (which stemmed out of deep sense uncertainty with his own life, which seemed to be threatened by my very vivid sense of certainty). But then the guilt-seed he planted (that I watered daily) started driving me to a state of timidness. Wild Woman was immediately shoved to the back of my mind. So I made another move to another city, to be with him.

Wild Woman wasn't about to go down like that though, She came out fighting. Hard. This is round about the time I started reading 'Women Who Run With the Wolves'. The journey to tapping into the Wild Woman intuitive psyche has been emotionally heavy, psychologically enlightening, and ultimately LIGHTening.

So, I left dark man. Wasn't easy. But Wild Woman helped me through it - I literally tipped over that dark man plant that I'd been watering and started planting the seeds to my destiny. I'm running free - WILDing out and completely embracing the Wild Woman in me.

I am summoning all powers that She could possibly bequeth to me. Praying for guidance in CREATING my path. Destin(y)ation.

I've met so many women who are haunted by dark men on a daily basis - I still have dark man nightmares. But have learnt to pray for guidance and wisdom.
'God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things that I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.'

Comments

Popular Posts